CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Archivast “July 4th” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Archivast “July 4th” Contest(the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Archivast, LLC or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: Archivast, LLC. 7715 Crittenden St, #395, Philadelphia, PA 19118
3. Contest Entry Period: The Contest Entry Period is from June 24, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time to July 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (the “Entry Period”). Sponsors are the official time-keeper for this Contest. Entries received before or after the Entry Period will not be considered unless an early entry is resubmitted during the Entry Period.
4. How to Enter: 1) Fill out required information and hit "Submit". Each entrant may submit a maximum of one unique entry. All Submissions must be submitted via http://www.thearchivast.com/july-4th. Mailed or hard copy Submissions will not be accepted. Incomplete Submissions will be void. Submissions must be received by Archivast during the Entry Period to be considered. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. Winner Selection: From July 4, 2014 through July 10, 2014 Archivast will randomly select one winner from the list of entries. The potential winner will be notified by Archivast via e-mail between approximately July 10, 2014 and July 11, 2014 that their Submission was selected as the winner. If the potential winner chooses not to accept the prize, or does not respond to three separate attempts by Archivast to reach the potential winner, a new potential winner will be selected. The Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winner.
6. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST.
7. Verification of Potential Winner: Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsors with documentation that shows he or she was an eligible participant. The potential winner will be notified by email after the date of judging. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsors, within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner of a Contest prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
8. Prize: The winner will be announced by July 15, 2014 on Archivast.com. The winner will receive one "UNCLE SAM, COLUMBUS CIRCLE, 1939" 16x20 framed photograph by Archivast. The prize must be fulfilled within 6 months of notification of winning or it will be void and unredeemable.
9. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors the Contest judges which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsors from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsors’ and its agents’ use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
13. Disputes: You agree that the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Philadelphia, PA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (c) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (d) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages. Under no circumstances shall Sponsors’ aggregate liability to any entrant of the Contest exceed One Dollar ($1.00).
15. Contest Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to Archivast, LLC. 7715 Crittenden St, #395, Philadelphia, PA 19118. Requests must be received prior to July 31, 2014.